Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Out to eat


This is my third attempt at this blog entry today and so all my wit is gone.  I'll let you all know that I am in upstate NY practicing my two new professions, skinny dipping and underachievement.  And loving every minute of it.  Granted the weather has cooled and my skinny dipping practice is waning but that has been replaced by nude hammock napping.

My dream!
I always had a list at home and it was a list I couldn't accomplish in a week let alone in a day.  Now, I have no list, well at least not a very long one.  To keep up on my blog entries and catch you all up on how I've gotten to where I am is my largest stress. Man am I losing sleep over that one.  Not.  The main thing I need to do is to solve my solar power predicament.  I am making progress and soon hope to have my stove and fridge running well.
 
Eating out has become a huge priority these days and here are the views from some of my favorite restaurants.



Lake Minnewaska
I was out on my kayak right there in the middle
 



This is what I called the La Grande Hotel.  Can't you just imagine it in the days of its glory?  The hike was only a mile or so but it was all up hill.  Beyond the hotel there was a fire tower I wanted to make it to but as you can see my boots weren't up for the challenge.  Can't blame them.  Had those Lowe's for at least 15 years they had to blow out some time and they blew out without possibility of repair.  On the way home from the hike I stopped at Kenco sporting goods and asked the boot guy if he thought they could be repaired.  He sort of just looked at me and said, "I don't think so."  I knew that but we laughed.  Bought another pair of Lowe's spending more than I wanted but you can't underestimate a good pair of boots.
Boots with a view. Hmm. 

1 comment: